Pages

Friday 18 May 2007

Did you know Adelaide United's Matthew Kemp is a Canberra boy

Former BelNorth junior Matthew Kemp is on the move. He's has one match o play with Adelaide United on Wednesday in the Asian Champions League and then he's off to Melbourne Victory for season three of the A-League.

"I want to be a Champion. I want a winners medal and I think I have a great chance with Melbourne." said Matthew Kemp.

"We had a great season at Adelaide apart from the last game in the Grand Final."

He's been to China, Vietnam and Korea with Adelaide in the ACL this season and he'll be doing the same next season with Victory.

"Thirty two hours from Adelaide to China for a game of football. The travel is difficult and then you have to play. I'm not complaining and if you got to the next round you wouldn't mind at all. And I'd rather be doing it than not, its just a lot of time in a plane!"

"I'm looking forward to playing in front of the Melbourne fans. It's great to play at the Dome in front of a passionate support, but it'll be better to have them on side. Yeah it's going to be good."

We'll be keeping in touch with Matthew Kemp, here at Football in the Capital, as the BelNorth Juniors journey continues during season three of the A-League.

No comments: