Pages

Friday 25 May 2007

Girls guide to A-League

I've been reading a few blogs recently on Australian football and here's one with a difference.
Cecilia is a research assistant in Melbourne with a passion for the game.

See her blog here. Girls Guide to A-League

Favourite bit of the blog for me is...Cecilia's top five A-League swoon list.(I'm joking) but here they are any way.


Allsopp, Danny (Melbourne)
Dilevski, Spase (Queensland)
Old, Steven (Wellington Phoenix)
Owens, Greg (Central Coast)
Willis, Thomas (Queensland)

Sources close to me would add Canberran Nikolai Topor-Stanley. We reckon Canberran guys are better looking but each to their own hey Claire.

Central Coast Mariners manager Lawrie McKinna reckons Dean Heffernan is swoon material (see Mckinna in archives)

Like to add to the A-League swoon list, let us know.

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

Hey there...

It's Cecilia by the way, not Claire. Topor-Stanley? Puh-lease, too slow to be any good in my books (I'm very picky).

I haven't written anything decent in a while - work + uni + exams = not much extra time to coherently write about football.

And I'll give you a scoop - I'm very frustrated by some goings-on at the club I'm coaching at. Who knows how much longer by attempt at coaching will last?

Thanks for the link and the plug!

-Cecilia

Eamonn said...

ok what is causing the frustration.

Is it the players or club?

Before you pull the plug on the coaching maybe we can help you through it.

I'm surrounded by female coaches of girls teams, they are always giving me great tips!

Hope you get a good result this weekend.

Cecilia said...

I won't be pulling the plug just yet. I do want to coach, but am not satisfied with how something has been handled.

I will try to bring it up with the coaching coordinator at the club, and will probably devote a post to it over on my blog at some point soon...