Pages

Tuesday 29 May 2007

Maddy U11 needs a Kanga Cup team. Help please.

Football in the Capital caught up with Maddy from the Tempest Under 10's team here in Canberra.

Want to know what an Under 10 girl feels about the game. Read on.

Maddie has scored 8 goals already this season and is looking to play in a Kanga Cup team, so if you have a place contact me and I'll put you touch.

"I like soccer because it keeps you fit and its a really fun sport to play. You can play it with your friends and all you need is some cones or markers and a ball and you can play anywhere," said Maddy

Maddy has been playing a long time.

"I have played soccer since I was 4 in Cairns because when I was little I just loved to get out there and kick the ball even if I kicked an own goal!!!"

Getting information on soccer for a ten year old isn't easy.

" I would like to read about soccer but I have never found any books about soccer that I have ever got into, except the book 'Change the game,' by Michael Hyde.

Like all players of all ages Maddy just loves scoring goals.

" I love scoring goals because it feels good to get past all the other players. And when you are running it feels good to hear all the people on the side line cheering for you. And after you score the goal its nice when the people on your team all high 5 you.

Does the soccer talk continue after the game.

"I do sometimes on Monday. It's usually about the match on Saturday because more than half of my team goes to my school.

Maddy thanks for your time. It's been great to hear from you, and I'll be checking back later in the season to see how you are going.

So many young girls and boys play the game but getting to hear there thoughts and views isn't always possible.

If you know of a young player with a passion for the game and would like me to interview them send me an email. Or write it up yourself.

Where do you or your children read about the game? Let us know what they are reading and where they get their information from.

No comments: