Pages

Wednesday 27 June 2007

The Carl Valeri interview

Carl Valeri back with Italian club Grosseto for next season.

Carl Valeri speaks to Football in the Capital from the Socceroos training base in Singapore

Hi Eamonn, I am very tired, we have been training pretty hard. It's so hot its not funny!

This morning is our first morning off since we got here, so its been pretty hectic.

Lucky I did some training at the AIS before I left otherwise I don’t think I would be able to move right now.

The good news is that Grosseto won the other half of me!

So that's pretty exciting for me. That’s what I wanted, So I'm looking forward to getting back and getting into a late pre-season with Grosseto.

Everyone except John Aloisi is in camp.

All the players are willing to help the younger guys out, which is great.

There are some great midfielders ahead of me in this team. I'm working hard but understand my chances of playing may be limited.

It's going to be a good learning experience no matter what.

I'm in the room with Michael Thwaites this time. I got rid of Nicky Carle he was way too annoying. I'm joking Eamonn!

Nick is a good guy and I'm happy he got a move to Turkey, it should be great for his career.

Michael is a top guy, he recently got married so he is on the phone 24/7.

It is getting close to the start of the tournament so its all pretty exciting!

Carl.


No comments: