Pages

Friday 31 August 2007

Carl Valeri writes from Tuscany




Carl Valeri writes every week for Football in the Capital. The Socceroos and Grosseto star has had a few internet problems but the Italians have finally sorted it. This week Carl discusses Socceroos, Tuscan life and Grosseto’s first game in Serie B.
Socceroo Carl Valeri being interviewed during the Asia Cup in Bangkok by SBS Radio Reporter, Massi Civili.

Carl Valeri writes:

Hey guys,



After the Asia Cup, I returned to life in Tuscany and started working towards our (Grosseto’s) Serie B debut.



Apart from moving into my new apartment and getting everything set up again, including the net (apologies again eamonn) it is great to be back inTuscany.


It has been so unbelievably hot! 36 and 37 degrees the last week.So training has been pretty tough.I recently discussed a new 3 year deal with Grosseto which I am happywith. I still have to sign it so let’s hope all goes well.



I decided to stay with Grosseto because I am happy and the club knows me well and know what type ofperson and player I am. I know they will push me and I believe when and ifthe time is right the President will be more then happy to let me move on tobigger and better things, assuming all goes well. There is a lot of hardwork to do.


Our first game against Modena went well until 15min into the second half when our left backgot sent off for his second yellow.



We defended well in 10 but they ended up breaking us down. We still pushed for the equalizer allowing them toscore a second and then eventually the third. It was tough and we did notdeserve to lose but that is how football goes.



We play Brescia on Friday and they are meant to be one of the best teams in the Serie B.It has been great catching up with my team mates from last season andtalking about how great things were last season.



Unfortunately only five of us from last season are still here!



The other players were told to move on. This is this tough side of football becauseeveryone was more then happy to stay.



I am coming back for the Socceroos/Argentina game soI’m looking forward to that. I hope I get more of a chance to play then inthe Asian Cup, ha ha. Jokes aside I’m glad to be a part of the national.



It’s a long trip all the way back to Australia and Grosseto are not happy as I miss an important game. But for me it always a pleasure.



It’s an important game as it’s in Australia and I know how much my family and friendsmiss watching me play so it gives them a chance to see me as well.


Carl.



Ps. I heard there is going to be an A-League team in Canberra!? Is this true Eamonn, who is going to fund it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how things are going to change at Grosseto as just yesterday the manager was sacked???

I also saw highlights of the first game of the campionato, where Carl took a blinder of a shot well outside the box - heading to top corner before the keeper stopped it.

Great game tonight as well.

PS Carl. Ready to join Ascoli??? Even though our start has been up and down.

Eamonn said...

Carl is just about to sign a three year contract, I believe.

Didn't know the manager was sacked, two defeats in unlucky circumstances, did they lose on the weekend as well?