Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2007

"Every National League Club I play for folds"


Is Canberra FC's Paul Ivanic the unluckiest man in local football?

"I was with the Canberra Cosmos and they folded, then Sydney United and the whole league folded!"

I'm surprised Canberra FC signed him with that record.

But on Sunday Ivanic will lead his side out against Belconnen United in Capital Football's Grand Final.




Ivanic has been unlucky. He missed almost two years of national football when the old NSL folded and it has been hard to get back to that level.

"Sure I'd have another go at the national league but it takes a lot of time so the money would have to be right. I'm 25 now but I'd give it a go," ays Ivanic speaking at the Grand Final breakfast today.

Canberra FC, Club President, Martin Radic, says, "He's only 25, he's just coming into his prime."

But for now all thoughts are on Sundays finale against Belconnen United

"We had a good trip to Croatia earlier in the year, so this brought the guys closer together I think. We're looking forward to Sunday, I think we have the players to win."

No comments: