Pages

Friday 21 September 2007

Nado Spaleta: "Football is life."

Canberra FC Premier League Coach Nado Spaleta hopes to lead his side to glory in this weekend's Capital Football Grand Final against Belconnen United.

"Football is life," says Nado speaking at this week's Grand Final breakfast.

"I've got my two sons playing in the team and I love it. I played in the 70's in Canberra and when I retired I started coaching my sons in the Under 7's. Apart from one year in Hobart, all my football has been here in Canberra.

"Paul Ivanic, my captain, I coached him when he was under 7. It's great experience to see the progression of players. Some went on to bigger things beyond Canberra football. I was involved in some way with Ned Zelic, still playing in Georgia, Peter Buljan and Joe Simunic. These guys were all very dedicated.

"It's a special time to have a Father and two sons in the same Grand Final team. Both Adam and Mark will start on the weekend," laughs Nado.

"It will be a close game. We've beaten them four times but I just hope we continue to do that."

Game kicks-off at 5pm at MacKellar Stadium, Belconnen



No comments: