Pages

Saturday 27 October 2007

How loyal are Victorians?

"I think you should interview me now, I'm pretty angry."

Cecilia author of A-Girls Guide to the A-League was slightly frustrated, okay dam angry after Victory's loss to the Jets.

Matty Kemp, Joe Keenan, Ernie Merrick,Carlos Hernandez, Joel Griffiths and Referee Matthew Breeze all copped it.

"I'm thinking of downgrading my season pass to GA," said Cecilia less than one hour after the game.

So it got me thinking how supportive of their teams are Victorians. What next crowds start dropping because they aren't in the four.

Sporting Capital of the World?

Well I guess we are about to see the Victorians claim tested.

Without a Fred, or an alternative strategic plan other than hoick it over the top to Archie, coz we can't ever break a defence down, will the fans turn up if they lose their next home game to Kozzie's Sydney FC?

Now that is going to be huge, and I can't wait to hear Cecilia's reaction to that one if Kozzie and Sydney FC take the points.

Cecilia's interview has been recorded for this week's radio show in Canberra 98.3fm 6:30 Tuesday but you it will be podcasted on Wednesday.

4 comments:

Cecilia said...

I should explain my reasons for downgrading to GA:
-my friends are GA, so I'd spend my matches with them
-other Gold member people #### me to tears. They have NO idea about football, and love to voice their opinions, which are a completed load of bull.
-The view at TD is awful anyway. We were thinking of downgrading this season after having experience TD last season.
-So I may go back to Gold when the Bubble opens, but at the moment my renewal is not guaranteed to be Gold next year.

It's not yesterday's match that has brought these discussions in the household, but something that was only briefly discussed before membership renewal.

Our next home match is against Sydney, as close to a derby as we'll get so hopefully we can still pull in a 35k+ crowd.

Eamonn said...

fair enough..so are Victory full of prawn sandwich Man Utd fans in the gold area?

and can't wait to be at the next home Victory game..should be fantastic..especially with Kossie on board

Cecilia said...

We are the Prawn Sandwich Crew. I don´t think we have a breakaway crew of our own yet...

Neil said...

As a fellow member of the Prawn Sandwich Crew I have to agree with Cecilia that a lot of people don't know what they are talking about. There is a guy that sits in front of me that also shits me to tears every game. Will be viewing the Sydney game from the third level as I'm bringing a whole people along for the game. It might make a nice change. Feel free to join me, Cecilia.