Pages

Thursday 25 October 2007

Sally Shipard will watch FOUR A-League games live in one weekend!


Matildas star Sally Shipard loves a challenge. Sally is off on a FourFourTwo football weekend road trip!

Sally writes about life after the World Cup.....



Sally writes about life after the World Cup.....

Hi Guys,

So I have been home for about 3 weeks now. Long enough to get back into the swing of things with uni, work and training. But not Football training:-) more like cross-training.

For instance I swam with my little brothers triathlon group last night. 3.5 kilometers later!!! I pulled up quite sore as you would assume.

It has been a bit of an anti-climax since we have been back. I have spoken with a few of the girls and I think we have all suffered from a small case of Post World Cup depression. Nothing to severe, but enough for us all to chill out and not think of football for a while.

We have been over whelmed with attention from home. The invitations to functions and A-league games has been great. I know the Sydney girls have been making the most of it, its a little difficult living in Canberra because of travel. But Caitlin (Munoz) managed to get up to Sydney for the Nickolodeon awards not long ago. The Matildas had a table there, from what I heard everyone had a great time.

Next for me is uni exams:-) yay! then a holiday with some of the girls to Fiji! Loz (Lauren Colthorpe) and myself are involved in the 442(Aussie football magazine) road-trip which will be taking place the weekend before David Beckham arrives.

We will be travelling along-side journo's and media folk, making it to every single game of the A-league in the one weekend.

So much to look forward to once these exams are over.

As far as kicking a ball and getting back into training. That will happen in the next few weeks:-) its difficult when we dont have anything to aim for at present.

All I know is that mentally and physically my body is loving this break:-)

bye Sal

No comments: