Pages

Saturday 13 October 2007

Venice, Women, Sienna and football. Guess who?


Ships in Venice, stunning women in Sienna, oh and he's enjoying the football as well!

Socceroo Carl Valeri writes:

Hello from Tuscany!



Grosseto are going well, I won't say anymore as I dont want to get to ahead of myself. We drew away against Bari who have won every game at home so far. And we missed a penalty in the 92nd min of the game!

Our coach is really good, he is very pleased with our approach to all of the games regardless of the result and we are also playing some decent football.

Our objective is salvation,we wish to remain in Serie B.

Our aim will be mid table and if it happens that we are ahead of our goal fantastic but our main focus is staying in the league. Evryone is very focused on our goal, staff players and the fans, but we still manage to have a laugh and enjoy our tough trainings which for me is very important.

This weekend the Socceroos were meant to be playing against China, but things worked out well for me as we have an important game against Messina on Sunday!

Unfortunately football in Serie B, like the leagues in england do not stop.

I had two days off last weekend so I went to Venice and saw my cousin Dani who works on a cruise ship, his ship was in Venice for 3 days so I got to spend some quality time with him and have a great laugh.

On the way home I stopped at Siena which is 40min from Grosseto. I needed a walk and I love Siena! Beautiful place,small, great shopping and plenty of good looking woman, what more could you want. Every chance I get I drag someone along with me to visit Siena.

The difference I found from Serie C to Serie B is that there is more quality...which means for a footballer he has a little more time on the ball, it is still physically tough but not so much a war with the ball bobbling around like in Serie C.

Serie C is one tough league! Im so glad we won haha. I am really enjoying my football at the moment. You would think I would be sick of it considering I had little break!

Ciao

Carl

No comments: