Pages

Wednesday 28 November 2007

Clint haven't you ever seen a Beckham bender!

You're 3-0 up, 80,000 people and Ufuk Talay fouls.

A soft foul, right in front of the goal.

Ufuk you didn't did you?. Nah it just happened.

Then yer man Becks steps up. Where would he put it?

Well the most famous Englishman ever didn't get famous without everyone knowing he bends it into the top corner.

Everyone knew except Clint Bolton or so it seemed.

As the ball sailed towards goal Clint must have got the surprise of his life to see a Beckham free-kick going top corner.

And did he appear slow to stretch across, or was it just me.

You see I've been brought up on exhibition sports. From a young age it was wrestling on TV, and when the Beckham bender went in, me just thought....wrestling.

Clint you didn't did you?

1 comment:

Hamish Alcorn said...

Nope, I don't reckon.

It was an excellent kick. Let's face it, it wasn't a one-off.

Bolton did get his hand to it, which was creditable enough. I don't reckon there was anything slo-mo about it.

A great goal keeper beaten by a great kick I reckon.