Pages

Sunday 31 August 2008

I'm furious never mind Ricky Herbert

Apparently Ricky Herbert is furious with his sides display last night!

I'm more furious. I had to turn it off at half-time. Yes I lasted that long.

The difference between me and Uber Coach Ricky was I knew what was coming.

Some of the Fox Sports guys have talked the Phoenix up since they started in the league.

But they've been dire to watch. Even when they've scraped a win or come from behind to scrape a loss.

Tedium. Poor football with hardly a player of interest to admire.

Last night they just built on what they'd achieved in their amazingly insipid home performances in Round 1 and 2.

Bottom, by miles.

A midfielder or two wouldn't hurt. And I don't care if Richard Johnson has played for Watford scored against Manchester United he is not good enough to lead an A-League side.

Compare him to Carlos Hernandez, Diego, even Charlie Miller. And if Michael Ferrante is your other Central Midfielder then you are going to get exactly what you are getting.

Dire dire football.

Maybe Jon McKain could improve the Central Midfield, maybe Johnno could go Centre Back.

Maybe I'll just turn the telly off earlier next time.

I hate watching Wellington Phoenix, Auckland Kings in fact any New Zealand team in the NSL, or the A-League they have all been RUBBISH!

Someone do something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have to agree there, the Phoenix looked awful and deserved to lose by more. I think they'll be stuck at the bottom by a good margin come the end of the season.

The Glory should be safe from the wooden spoon this year. Although they copped 5 goals against Sydney, at least they seem willing to go forward and they look like they've got goals in them through ex-Aberdeen man Eugene Dadi and Rukya... Rukeya... erm, that Ukrainian bloke.

Oh, and you've got to love the internet. Althought I'm in Glasgow, I managed to watch both Sunday A-League games via live streaming on the Betfair site. That's my top tip for any expats - open a betfair account and you can watch every A-League game live. Sorted.

Right, off to the pub for for the Old Firm match. I hope they both lose.

Eamonn said...

C'mon the hoops

the other beauty of the internet is you can join up to become a Foundation Member of the Canberra A-League team..no matter where you are...but maybe you already have:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Eamonn,

The party is over for New Zealand football.

Graham Arnold's biggest cheer leader Micheal Cockerill loves the Phoenix because surprise, surprise he is half a kiwi.

All this talk about better defense and all that?

what happened?