Pages

Monday 16 February 2009

Socceroos Coach to Canberra:

Canberra: Are you ready for the Socceroos?

When was the last time a Socceroos Coach came to Canberra to announce his team?

Tuesday 24th Feb Australian Coach Pim Verbeek will announce the Socceroos team in Canberra for the Asian Cup Qualifier Australia v Kuwait March 5th to be played at Canberra Stadium

Clearly, Canberra needs a big crowd if we want more games in the Capital region.
A-League4Canberra needs a big crowd if we want more football in the region.

So get to the game this is our chance to show Australia the passion and interest we have for top level football....and the Socceroos will be back if the crowd is significant. Have no doubt about that.

Socceroos will be in Camp in Canberra all week before the game.

Spread the word about the game and you can get your tickets from www.ticketek.com.au today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or has there been little or no publicity given to this game? I really thought things had changed in regard to promotion of events by capital football - my evidence being the fantastic way in which our W Leagure team was continually in the media.

I can't understand why I dont see ad's promoting the game on the tele or on radio each and every day in the lead up to the match. I would have thought capital football would have placed more emphasis than before on promoting this game as support for our A League Bid.

I would love a response from Capital football in regard to these comments.

Anonymous said...

I saw a flat bed truck this morning on Belconnen Way with a huge a-frame banner advertising the game.

I think the reality is that Capital Football doesn't have the money to engage in the sort of advertising you suggest. I think it is something that the FFA is undertaking.