Pages

Thursday 5 March 2009

Match Day: Canberra. 20,000 pre-sold

Well I was 26 when I came to Australia. I was used to watching Glasgow Celtic play Juventus, Rangers, Real Madrid, Aberdeen, Dundee United and co.

I was used to standing, singing in passionate crowds of 67,000 people, sometimes more. With everyone singing in unison.

And then I came to Canberra in 1990.

So when I walk up tonight, as a football fan, I'll be thinking a little of what I've missed, the big matchday, the big crowds, the great games, the atmosphere.

But mostly like so many Canberra football people I've spoken to this week I'll probably just have a big smile on my face, dumbstruck that my city will fill the stadium for football.

Enjoy the game...I will:)

Oh and the really cx!!p thing is I've got to go into a Corporate Box. I'm so not a Corporate Box fan!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've put photos online at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=224634&id=571010303&l=3ef86

Rob said...

I feel sorry that the Socceroo's performance was so dire in front of all your long faithful supporters.

Rob.

john said...

It wasn't so enjoyable watching on TV.