Pages

Saturday 26 May 2012

Winter football looking up in Australia - bring it on!

I didn't watch the State of Origin I rarely do.

 I've never watched the Brumbies despite being a passionate Canberran.  Rugby just doesn't do it for me.

 Football is my sport - my thing. So it is great relief that Aussie football returns after what seems like a huge break - well two weeks since the last ACL games.

 And better still this one is crucial.

Adelaide United at home to Josh Kennedy's Nagoya Grampus at Hindmarsh - Winner takes all and flies through to the next round.

The loser - well that's it.

 This is the type of football game I particularly love. Everything on the line. I'll be cheering long and loud for the Aussies and hope for once Josh Kennedy - if he plays - is on the losing side.

And then it's Denmark, and the real stuff begins. Other sports are seemingly well followed in Australia so they don't need me.

Asian Champions League followed by World Cup Qualifiers. Bring it on!

No comments: